Thursday, September 23, 2010

Pincushions and PMQG

The Portland Modern Quilt Guild meeting last week included a new segment called Ten Minute Tutes, where members can share a quickie ten minute tutorial with everyone. Jen did a great presentation about pincushions! I had never made a pincushion before, though I've often found myself lingering on the many flickr groups devoted to them. Here are my first attempts:


And the backs:

The linen and orange one was completely and totally inspired by one that Jen made for the presentation. It has some of my very favorite orange prints in the patchwork.

And this little fella measures only 3 inches square - perfect for tucking away into a travel sewing kit. I love the little gnome peeking out and waving to everyone.

I'm working on a few others including one to take to the next PMQG meeting for a pincushion swap. And I'll be making one for a giveaway here!

2 comments:

  1. Love your pincushions! I haven't made any, but I keep thinking I want to. They would make nice Christmas gifts for quilter friends.
    That little gnome is so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the patchwork orange with the linen! Two of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering any questions. Thanks so much for stopping by and spending some time here!